Thursday, November 28, 2013

The Bad Paint Monkey Says Sorry

As  an apology for all the posts this poor paint monkey has not done recently I thought as well as a WIP post I should do a Bonus Showcase to say sorry for my lack of updates





Quite some time ago I painted the Games Workshop Mail Order Gandalf On Cart miniature  originally this figure was destined to be used and abused by the roleplay group that I attended at the time (I was fed up of drawing horse and carts on the maps) but on completion I felt that this did not seem a fitting end for such a fine sculpt and it stayed at home in my personal collection for a while before being displayed in the Ipswich Games Workshop Store for almost a year (I think Geoff the manager there kinda misses him)





This piece was fun to paint and while a great sculpt a little fiddly to set the wheels correctly, I should also point out that the base for this is a standard flat Games Workshop base with no detailing at all so the setting of the scene was scratch-built as I really felt the cart needed it.

What I intended (and I hope comes across) is the slightly rustic look of a little used track leading towards the shire and hobbits with high expectations of fireworks, just remember a wizard is never late! but bloggers sometimes are ........ sorry for the lack of posts recently

No comments:

Post a Comment